Transit Agency Status FY 2011-12. Current Financial Position : FR=$48,961 surplus as of 8/31/11 SR= $30,446 surplus as of 8/31/11 Current Operations = $233,000/month FR $140,000/month SR Based upon JUL/AUG BUDVAR 11.
(Finance, Operations, HR, Compliance, Marketing)
1. Building Expansion Phase II- Completed 6/30/11
2. Roof Replacement/Refurb.- Completed 6/30/11
3. Facility Enhancement/Furnishings- $11,026 bal.
4. Narrow Band Radio Upgrade- $145,000 12/31/11
5. Shared Ride Replacement Buses- 12/31/11
6. Three High Top Vans- 12/31/11
7. Vehicle Refurbishment- 3/31/12
8. LDP, Feasibility Plan
9. Feasibility Study
Geisinger HRA $
1) Overtime based on 24 hours/40 hours worked
2) 7% Pension contribution reduced to 5%
3) Medical Opt-Out reduced from $290/month to $250/month
4) Probationary period extended from 60 working days to 90 working days
5) New Hire Wage Progression extended from 36 months to 44 months/beginning at 75% of rate not 85%
6 ) Worker’s Compensation- reduction since departure from SAFTI & 5% rebate from state due to in-house Safety Program (Monthly Committee/Experienced Modification Rate reduced from 1.88 in 2002 to .663 in 2011)
FY2010/2011= MATP= $121,000/ WTW= $62,000
*See new ATU contract. Reduced 2%.
Accrued annually/Employer contribution only based on gross wages for qualifying employees only. Contributions by MCTA are made: 1/31, 4/30, 7/31.
MCTA offers a 100% voluntary contribution plan known as a 457. This is offered to all employees who would like to put a little more away for retirement. It affords them the opportunity to have funds taken from their paycheck now, pre-taxed and as allowed by law.
MCTA also offers the guidance of a Retirement specialist quarterly for employees who would like to discuss other, non company sponsored programs.
Contract based on market plus mark-up; not a flat rate per gallon.
$3.05 diesel/ $3.10 unleaded
Projected Cost per Gallon and Basis for Projection
Contract rate based on Macungie tank wagon date.
Terms of contract (if applicable)
One year contract with 2nd year option. (Feb, 2012)Net 30. (In preparing our last RFP, we reviewed LANTA, Indigo and Lebanon’s contracts for peer Best Practices)
MCTA generally seeks 5311 funding at 80% with the remainder using 1517. See attached pdf for detail of balances currently available (Bonds/1517)for future projects.
We hope to move the work done to this point forward regarding VanPooling- this will take additional coordination to prepare grant requests/prepare a plan. We have had history in this arena since 2004.