General Report. Frankfurt, 16-17 04 2003. Wichita Project Boulder, Colorado, USA. David S. Rood Andreas Mühldorfer Armik Mirzayan. I. Annotation of Already Existing Material. About 15 Wichita Narratives, collected by Rood
Download Policy: Content on the Website is provided to you AS IS for your information and personal use and may not be sold / licensed / shared on other websites without getting consent from its author.While downloading, if for some reason you are not able to download a presentation, the publisher may have deleted the file from their server.
Frankfurt, 16-17 04 2003
Boulder, Colorado, USA
David S. Rood
- linguistic type issues with annotation
- time alignment
Java Web Start.lnk
- individual interviews to help with annotation of older material (audiotaped) and obtain audio for word lists
- 4 informal meetings between tribal elders (audio+videotaped, 4-9 participants), and look for other collections
- individual interviews and more annotation of old texts (Mühldorfer)
- videotape attempts were unsuccessful
- DMFs of Video Tapes Obtained
- Make Sessions from the DMFs (in progress)
- Some sessions have been processed and we are starting annotation
- Sessions are very “choppy”, hard to define
- The nature of the material is very different from the older texts! Code Switching, and other language contact issues are at work.
-One consultant was able to assist with retelling, translation, etc … of the older spoken material.
-Another consultant produced many individual words, good for Lexicon
- mostly spoken in English
- words and phrases in Wichita
- a few continuous segments in Wichita
(all digitized and annotated)