Introducing CIRRUS N123CP. Tailwinds Flying Club Fall Safety Session – 2011. Saying Goodbye to an Old Friend. The Arrow left 21D for the last time at 4:30 PM, August 22, 2011. CIRRUS SR20 – N132CP. Introducing CIRRUS SR20 GTS – N132CP. CIRRUS SR20 – N132CP.
Tailwinds Flying Club
Fall Safety Session – 2011
The Arrow left 21D for the last time at 4:30 PM, August 22, 2011.
Introducing CIRRUS SR20 GTS – N132CP
CIRRUS SR20 GTS – N132CP Features
CIRRUS SR20 - PRE-TRAINING CHECKLIST AND OBJECTIVES
FROM TAILWINDS WEB SITE ( www.tailwinds21d.org ) YOU WILL NEED TO DOWNLOAD AND OR PRINT THE FOLLOWING. OUR PANEL IS PICTURED IN SEC 7, PAGE 20. OUR SERIAL #1715
FLIGHT OPERATIONS MANUAL
S-TEC 55X AUTOPILOT MANUAL
WEIGHT AND BALANCE CALCULATOR
FROM THE ABOVE RESOURCES, YOU NEED TO BE FAMILIAR WITH THE FOLLOWING:
1. BE FAMILIAR WITH TRAFFIC PATTERN SPEEDS, ASSOCIATED POWER SETTINGS, FLIGHT OPERATIONS MANUAL
FLAP SETTINGS, AND SPEEDS
2. UNDERSTAND BASIC ELECTRICAL POWER GENERATION AND DISTRIBUTION. POH SEC 7
ALTINATORS AND BATTERUES 1 & 2, MAIN AND ESSENTIAL BUSES
3. UNDERSTAND AIRSPEEDS, MARKINGS, AND RANGES. POH SEC 2 & 7
4. BE FAMILIAR WITH WEIGHT AND BALANCE LIMITATIONS. COMPLETE A WEIGHT & POH SEC6
BALANCE CALULATION W & B CALCULATOR
5. BE ABLE TO CALCULATE VARIOUS AIRCRAFT PERFORMANCE PARAMETERS POH SEC 5
6. UNDERSTAND HOW THE CIRRUS AIRFRAME PARACHUTE SYSTEM (CAPS) OPERATES POH SEC 7 & 10
AND RECITE CAPS ACTIVATION PROCEEDURES
7. BE FAMILIAR WITH MUTI-FUNCTION DISPLAY (MDF) PAGE AND NAVIGATION ALONG WITH AVIDYNE TRAINING SIMULATOR
PRIMARY FLIGHT DISPLAY (PFD) APPLICATIONS AND SOURCES POH SEC 7
8. BE ABLE TO TUNE COMMUNICATION AND NAVIGATION FREQUENCIES GPS RESOURCES
POH SEC 7
9. UNDERSTAND BASICS OF FLIGHT PLAN CREATION AND MODIFICATION GPS RESOURCES
10. UNDERSTAND BASIC AUTOPILOT MODE CAPABILITIES AND BE ABLE TO INTERPRET AUTOPILOT S-TEC 55X MANUAL
With the sale of the Arrow completed, our existing bank loan is now paid down to $8,400. The first part of the summer was a bit slow in airplane hours due to the weather, but has picked up lately.
To compensate for increased fuel costs, the airplane rates are as follows:
Plane Rates as of September 1, 2011
Fuel is expected to go back down in the near future and we will adjust our rates accordingly.
An Avidyne Free simulator is located at:
This is not a full featured simulator, but will give you the ability to become familiar with some of the operations and features of the Avidyne PFD.
This simulator is also loaded on the computer in the hangar office.
Call Dave Becker if you have problems getting it to work.
Dave will now demonstrate the Entegra EXP5000 Simulator for Cirrus SR20 model aircraft.