A Revelation for Joseph Smith Sr. Doctrine and Covenants 4. Why this revelation?. Joseph’s father was full of desire, but did not know what the Lord wanted him to do. In February 1829 he went to visit Joseph in Harmony, Pennsylvania, and asked him for a revelation.
Download Policy: Content on the Website is provided to you AS IS for your information and personal use and may not be sold / licensed / shared on other websites without getting consent from its author.While downloading, if for some reason you are not able to download a presentation, the publisher may have deleted the file from their server.
Doctrine and Covenants 4
What is the most effective thing I can do to prepare to serve as a full time missionary?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z0xg-U_TApI (Elder Bednar Become a Misionary)
http:// serve as a full time missionary?www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z0xg-U_TApI (Elder Bednar Become a Misionary)
President Joseph Fielding Smith: “Doctrine and Covenants 4 is very short, only seven verses, but it contains sufficient counsel and instruction for a lifetime of study. No one has yet mastered it. It is a revelation to each member of the Church, especially to all who hold the Priesthood. No elder of the Church is qualified to teach in the Church, or carry the message of Salvation to the world, until he has absorbed, in part at least, this heaven-sent instruction” (Church History and Modern Revelation, 2 vols. , 1:35).
Discuss as a group:
1. ____ I believe in Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ.
2. ____ I trust Heavenly Father enough to accept His will and do whatever He asks.
3. ____ I have enough faith in Jesus Christ to obtain answers to my prayers.
1. ____ One of my greatest desires is to inherit eternal life in the celestial kingdom of God.
2. ____ I feel peaceful and optimistic about the future.
3. ____ I firmly believe that someday I will dwell with God and become like Him.
Charity and Love
1. ____ I feel a sincere desire for the eternal welfare and happiness of other people.
2. ____ I try to help other people when they are struggling or discouraged.
3. ____ I look for opportunities to serve other people.
Eye Single to the Glory of God
1. ____ I focus my efforts on the things of God rather than the things of the world.
2._____ I think about the Savior often during the day
3. ____ I do good things because I love God, not because I want to impress others.
1. ____ I am clean and pure in heart.
2. ____ I focus on righteous, uplifting thoughts and put unwholesome thoughts out of my mind.
3. ____ I repent of my sins.
1. ____ I feel confident in my understanding of gospel doctrines and principles.
2. ____ I study the scriptures daily.
3. ____ I receive knowledge and guidance through the Spirit.
1. ____ I live the Word of Wisdom.
2. ____ I control what I think, say, and do, even in tense or frustrating situations.
3. ____ I successfully balance schoolwork, family time, and social life.
1. ____ I am patient with myself.
2. ____ I am patient with the faults and weaknesses of others.
3. ____ I face problems and challenges calmly and hopefully.
1. ____ I am nice to others, even when they might not deserve it.
2. ____ I say positive things about others.
3. ____ I am considerate of the feelings of others.
1. ____ I know Heavenly Father lives, and I want to be like Him.
2. ____ I try to be like Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ
3. ____ I reflect the light of Christ in what I think, say, and do.
1. ____ I am sincerely grateful for the blessings I receive from Heavenly Father.
2. ____ My prayers are sincere and meaningful.
3. ____ I appreciate advice and guidance from my leaders, teachers, and parents.
1. ____ I work effectively, even when I’m not under pressure or close supervision.
2. ____ I focus my efforts on the most important things.
3. ____ I work hard until a job is finished successfully.
(Money you would have earned had you stayed home)
Youth of the Nobel Birthright would like to improve on.
“Some of the most important service you can give will be within your own home. You can also serve in your Church assignments, school, and community. You can serve by doing temple and family history work. You can serve by sharing the gospel with others now and as a full-time missionary in the future. Often the most meaningful service is expressed through simple, everyday acts of kindness. Seek the guidance of the Holy Ghost each day to know whom to serve and how to help meet their needs. Follow the example of the Savior as you serve others” (For the Strength of Youth [booklet, 2011], 32).
Doctrine and Covenants 4