Effective Communication Skills; the Missing Link in Enhancing Employability of STEM Graduates. By Sindiso Zhou & Nhlanhla Landa.
Effective Communication Skills; the Missing Link in Enhancing Employability of STEM Graduates
By Sindiso Zhou & Nhlanhla Landa
2nd National Science and Mathematics Education Conference: Enhancing Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics (STEM); 20 – 22 August 2014, Bindura University of Science Education, Zimbabwe
There are three broad skills;
2. Communication and ICT;
3. Practical and professional skills – using experience to understand:
- Is attention necessarily drawn to the employability qualities that our courses develop?
- there is less theory and more practice
- abstract material should be concretized
- there is interaction with real people and real problems
To sustain employability (staying and succeeding in a job) involves more than being qualified – it involves several communication skills;
- What employability skills are developed through course material?
- How are the learning outcomes of your programme linked to employability skills?
THANK YOU Enhancing Employability of STEM Graduates