A2 Media Studies. Welcome to YOUR A2 Coursework. Summary.
Welcome to YOUR A2 Coursework
Total Around 20 weeks =
Group Activity independent study which higher education establishments and employers
The first thing to do is to make sure you understand how the production and the essay are linked.
For each of these titles come up with a linked production
1. How and why has changing technology influence the ways in which audience consume and respond to the news?
2. How are suspense and tension conveyed in the construction of the narrative in (a film of your choice).
3. How is the representation of the hero in (film/fiction of your choice) constructed?
4. How has institutional bias affected the representation of a single news event by rival newspapers?
5. How do charity appeals identify and target their audiences?
For each of these productions, come up with two different essay titles
1. The opening sequence of a new Soap to be aired on BBC2, targeting multi-cultural teenagers.
2. The front cover and 5 pages of a Death Metal magazine targeting 16-25 year old males.
3. The website for LadyGaGa’snew freely downloadable track.
4. A talkshow focusing on the debate over violence in the media
5. A tabloid and a broadsheet front pages for the news of a school knifing, possibly inspired by ‘Grand Theft Auto’
These projects must involve the students: