Vitamin D . Gajendra Singh PhD Student. CONTENTS. Introduction Mechanism of action of Vitamin D(VD) in body Vitamin D deficiency (VDD) Causes of VDD Consequences of VDD Prevention of VDD Conclusion. Introduction.
- season of sample collection,
- lab. method used for estimation of VD, and
- sensitivity of the test
- women of child bearing age
- infants and growing children and
The main risk factors for VDD in India are
Calcium and Phosphorus imbalance leads to
- Frontal bossing
- Proximal myopathy
- Knock knee and bow leg etc.
-Krause et al. Lancet. 1998;352(9129):709.
-peripheral blood monocyte
-leukocytes & Th(CD4+) and Tc(CD8+) cells
DM and HTN
-major source of 7DHC also have VDR
LPS TLR Cathelicidin (antimicrobial peptide)
-Glerup H et al. Calcif Tissue Int 2000;66:419.
-Mowé M et al. J Am Geriatr Soc 1999;47:220
- Neuronal channels
- Anticonvulsant and antidepressant effect