Sampling Issues for Telephone Surveys in Scotland. Gerry Nicolaas Survey Methods Unit National Centre for Social Research 13 January 2004 email: [email protected] This session will focus on:. Surveys of the general population Probability sampling.
Download Policy: Content on the Website is provided to you AS IS for your information and personal use and may not be sold / licensed / shared on other websites without getting consent from its author.While downloading, if for some reason you are not able to download a presentation, the publisher may have deleted the file from their server.
- Smaller than average
- Headed by someone in social classes IV or V
Beerten and Martin, 1999
Source: Taylor, 2003; Ofcom 2003
- households with no telephone,
- households with only mobile phones, and
- households with unlisted telephone numbers.
- most socially & economically deprived groups,
- young mobile people,
- people living in small households.
e.g. 0131 557 xxxx
Nicolaas and Lynn (2002)
- Mitofsky-Waksberg two-stage method
- List-assisted methods
Source: Tipping & Nicolaas (2001)