Download Policy: Content on the Website is provided to you AS IS for your information and personal use only and may not be sold or licensed nor shared on other sites. SlideServe reserves the right to change this policy at anytime. While downloading, If for some reason you are not able to download a presentation, the publisher may have deleted the file from their server.
1. What does it mean to be a Lasallian School?
2. The Lasallian School Unique education that is marked by a distinctive spirit
This spirit is rooted in the Gospels of Jesus Christ and in the spirituality and educational philosophy of St. John Baptist de La Salle.
Part of a world-wide network of Lasallian Schools
3. St. John Baptist de La Salle Founder of the Brothers of the Christian Schools
In 1950 proclaimed the universal Patron of all Teachers
4. The Lasallian Educational Mission to give a human and Christian education to the young
especially in schools
with service of the poor as a priority
in order to evangelize and catechize
to promote peace and justice
accomplished together as a shared mission
5. Goals of a Lasallian School 1. Lasallian schools commit themselves to the spirit and mission of Saint John Baptist de La Salle.
2. Lasallian schools commit themselves to providing excellent educational programmes.
6. Goals of a Lasallian School 3. Lasallian schools commit themselves to service of the poor through education.
4. Lasallian schools commit themselves to the establishment of diverse educational communities
7. Goals of a Lasallian School 5. Lasallian schools commit themselves to the equitable treatmentof all members of the school community
8. Shared Mission The future of the Christian schools is no longer in the hands of the Brothers alone, but in the unified commitment of all who espouse its mission.
Today, the mission which the Church entrusted to the Institute is in the hands of the Brothers and their Colleagues. In fact, it is together and by association that we, Brothers and Colleagues, will fulfill the present-day mission of the schools.
To touch the hearts of your pupils and to inspire them with the Christian spirit is the greatest miracle you can perform.Saint John Baptist de La Salle
10. The Lasallian Spirit The spirit of this Institute is first,a spirit of faith, which should induce those who compose it not to look upon anything but with the eyes of faith,not to do anything but in view of God, and to attribute all to God.
Secondly, the spirit of their Institute consists in an ardent zeal for the instruction of children.
11. Lasallian Schools in Hong Kong