welcome. 非谓语动词（复习） non-infinitive. 梅林中学 吴丽璇. Multiple choice. ____ late in the morning , Bob turned off the alarm. To sleep B. Sleeping C. Sleep D. Having slept 2001 春季高考 第21题.
V/phrases +ing: appreciate; avoid; can’t help; consider; enjoy; escape; finish; give up; imagine; insist on; keep(on); mind;miss…
devote oneself to; pay attention to; be used to; get down to…
[例1] NMET 2000 第19题
I’ve work with children before, so I know what ___ in my job.
A. expected B. to expect C. to be expecting D. expects
tell, discuss, know, show, learn, decide, wonder, explain…
[例2] NMET 1999 第21题
The purpose of new technologies is to make life easier, ____ it more difficult.
A. not make B. not to make C. not making D. do not make.
因为主语是the purpose，在（purpose, wish, promise, plan）后常跟不定式，古表语要用不定式，to不能省略，因此构成the purpose is to…not to…do 句型，故选B 。
[例3] NMET 1997第12题
I would love _____ to the party last night but I had to work extra hours to finish a report.
A. to go B. having gone C. going D. to have gone
[例4] NMET 1999 第14题
Would love, meant, hoped, planned, expected, promised, wish等
例如：I meant to have telephoned you, but I forgot.
该题考查动词不定式做宾语的 用法。Would love(like) to 是固定搭配，因此B、C、不合题意。Would love+不定式一般式，表示“想，希望”，而接不定式完成式则表示“原本希望，而未曾实现”的意思。
[例5] NMET 1996年
The patient was warned ____ oily food after the operation.
A. to eat not B. eating not C. not to eat D. not eat
该题考查不定式的否定式作主补。要注意warn后跟词方式， ①warn sb. not to do sth. ②warn sb. against doing sth. 该题应该用①结构。两外，not 应放在to之前。
在大多数的动词可接不定式短语做宾补，只有少数动词（五个看see,watch,notice, observe,look at；三使役make,let, have;二听listen to,hear等）须接不带to 的不定式做宾补。
_____ in thought,he almost ran into the car in front of him.
A. Losing B. Having lost C. Lost D. To lose
2.“陷入深思”有两种表达法， A.Lose oneself in thought B.be lost in thought,按句子提供的语境可用结构B.
The Olympic Games,___ in 776 B.C.did not include women players until 1912.
A. first played B. to be first played
C. first playing D. to be first playing
所以A是正确的。First played in 776B.C.=which was first played in 776 B.C.
Cleaning women in big cities usually get ____ by the hour.
A. pay B. paying C. paid D. to pay
该题考查分词作表语的用法。“to pay sb. by the hour”计时给某人报酬。此题被动结构作表语。类似的有：get burnt, get hurt , get wounded.
The managers discussed the plan that they would like to see ___ the next year.
A. carry put B. carrying out C. carried out D. to carry out
该题考查过去分词作宾语补足语的用法。The plan 与carry out 的关系是被动关系。See sth.done 这结构常见的还有watch(notice, observe,have 和make)sth. done.
[例 ] NMET1998
European football is played in 80 countries, ___ it the most popular sport in the world.
A. making B. makes C. made D. to make
Making it the popular sport in the world为现在分词短语作结果状语，这类分词短语常放在句子的后面,ing表示顺其自然，不定式表示突然，出乎意料。如：
His parents died, leaving him an orphan.
He rushed to the post office only to find it was closed
1. The speaker raised his voice but still couldn’t make himself____ . (NMET91 34)
A.hear B. to hear C. hearing D. heard
2. On afternoon, Mrs Green went to the market, ____ some bananas and visited her cousin. (NMET91 23)
A. bought B. buying C. to buy D. writing
3. --I usually go there by train.
--Why not ____ by boat for a change? (NMET92 14)
A. to try going B. trying to go C. to try and go D. try going
4. ____ a reply, he decided to write again. (MET92 39)
A. Not receiving B. Receiving not
C. Not having received D. Having not received
5. How about the two of us ____ a walk down the garden? (MET93 17)
A. to take B. take C. taking D. to be taking
6. ____ down the radio ---- the baby’s asleep in the next room.
A. Turning B. To turn C. Turned D. Turn
7. Charles Babbage is generally considered ____ the first computer.
A. to invent B. inventing C. to have invented D. having invented
8. ---I must apologize for ____ ahead of time.
---That’s all right. (MET94 21)
A. letting you not know B. not letting you know
C. letting you know not D. letting not you know
9. Rather than ___ on a crowded bus, he always prefers ____ a bicycle. (NMET94 22)
A. ride; ride B. riding; ride C. ride; to ride D. to ride; riding
10. The missing boys were last seen ____ near the river.(NMET94 25)
A. playing B. to be playing C. play D. to play
11. The first textbooks ____ for teaching English as a foreign language came out in the 16th century. (NMET94 34)
A.having written B. to be written C. being written D. written
12. ---You were brave enough to raised objections at the meeting.
---Well, now I regret ____ that. (NMET95 26)
A. to do b. to be doing C. to have done D. having done
13. The boy wanted to ride his bicycle in the street, but his mother told
him_____. (NMET95 35)
A. not to B. not to do C. not do it D. do not to
14. ---What do you think made Mary so upset?
---____ her new bicycle. (97上海 13)
A. As she lost B. Lost C. Losing D. Because of losing
15. She can’t help ____ the house because she’s busy making a cake.
A. to clean B. cleaning C. cleaned D. being cleaned
16. She looks forward every spring to _____ the flower-lined garden.
A. visit B. paying a visit C. walk in D. walking in
17. While shopping, people sometime can’t help ____ into buying
something they don’t really need. (96上海14)
A.to pursue B. persuading C. being persuaded D. be persuaded
18. The purpose of new technologies is to make life easier, ____ it more difficult. (NMET99 21)
A.not make B. not to make C. not making D. do not make
19. A computer does only what thinking people _____. (99上海19)
A. have it do B. have it done C. have done it D. having it done
20. When I got back home I saw a message pinned to the door ____
“Sorry to miss you; will call later.” (NMET99 25)
A. read B. reads C. to read D. reading
1.He gave us some advice on how____ English.
A.learning B. learned C. to learn D. learn
2. It ’s a pay day，and they are waiting____.
A. pay B. paying C. paid D. to be paid
3. --- A letter may be too slow.
---- Why not ____ a telegram.
A.try sending B.try to send C.to try sending D.trying to send
4.Our father often told us in the past that _____is believing.
A.to see B.seeing C.see D.to be seen
5.Mrs.Smith warned her husband_____after drinking again and again.
A.never to drive B.to never drive C.never driving D.never rive
6. To master a foreign language,______.
A. a lot of practice is needed B. it needs a lot of practice
C. practice is in need of D. one needs a lot of practice
20. The library needs ______,but it’ll have to wait until Sunday.
A. cleaning B. be cleaned C. clean D. being cleaned