Intro to the CMMI (Capability Maturity Model Integration). Management Overview. Speaker. John Ryskowski of JFR Consulting email@example.com 310 292 9288. Purpose. To gain some understanding of: Process Models, their history, assumptions What’s in the CMMI and why
Intro to the CMMI (Capability Maturity Model Integration)
Pulled, I was
Why am I
I’m big, I’m
you can’t hide!
I could have
contender if I
1) What is the first level where data from one project is easily available to other projects in the organization?
2) At what level are individual projects managed with little detailed organizational influence?
3) At what level are boundaries applied to project metrics measures as an indicator to take action?
4) At what level is the transition to new technologies routine?
5) What level relies heavily on the heroics of individuals for project success?
Level 3 (Defined)
Level 2 (Repeatable)
Level 4 (Managed)
Level 5 (Optimizing)
Level 1 (Initial)
Project Monitoring & Control
Measurement & Analysis
Supplier Agreement Management
Process & Product Quality Assurance
Integrated Project Management
Decision Analysis & Resolution
Organizational Process Focus
Organizational Process Definition
Quantitative Project Management
Organizational Innovation & Deployment
Organizational Process Performance
Causal Analysis & Resolution
Let’s take a look at the project management process areas across the maturity levels.
MATURITY LEVEL 2
MATURITY LEVEL 4
Project Planning (PP)
Quantitative Project Management (QPM)
Project Monitoring & Control (PMC)
Supplier Agreement Management(SAM)
MATURITY LEVEL 3
MATURITY LEVEL 4
Integrated Project Management (IPM)
Causal Analysis & Resolution (CAR)
Risk Management (RSKM)