Download Policy: Content on the Website is provided to you AS IS for your information and personal use and may not be sold / licensed / shared on other websites without getting consent from its author.While downloading, if for some reason you are not able to download a presentation, the publisher may have deleted the file from their server.
1. Homerun Leadership Assignments Bill Battaglia
Bidwell Jr. High School
2. About My Class Course Title-Student Leadership
Year long course
Elected officers and student who apply to get into the course.
3. Curriculum vs. Activities #1 Question asked “How do you find time for curriculum?”
#1 Answer I give: “I make time!”
Are we developing leaders or event planners?
Good curriculum legitimizes our program.
We owe it to our students to develop their leadership skills!
4. Personal Time Capsule Goes beyond your average collage
Gets students to really think about what they are going through
Gives teacher an excellent window into the lives of our students
5. Personal Time Capsule Introduction
What is life like for a typical middle schooler?
What clothes, brands, styles to boys and girls where these days?
In the News
What current events are taking place in the world?
What do you like to listen to? What do most students like to listen to? Food
What foods do typical middle schoolers like to eat? Include a recipe of your favorite food.
Sports and Activities
What activities do students like to participate in? How do you occupy your time?
Letter from Parent
An opportunity for parents to brag about their student.
Pictures, Pictures, Pictures
Each page MUST include pictures!
6. Soundtrack of My Life Incorporates Writing
Helps students with self-expression
Helps them become aware of events that shaped their lives and who they are.
7. Soundtrack of My Life Students imagine their life made into a movie
Choose songs that represent periods in their life.
Explain the reasons for their choices.
Create a cover for their CD
How might these events have shaped their beliefs and values?
8. Leadership Children’s Book Incorporates writing and creativity.
Students are able to express leadership qualities.
Final product after reading MANY children’s books
Top books are then read at a nearby kindergarten.
9. End of Semester Dance Assignment
10. End of Semester Dance Assignment Students plan a “make-believe” dance from start to finish.
Must include poster samples, dance tix samples, planning forms, purchase orders, thank you notes, etc.
Graded as first semester final.
Checks their competence in project planning and important forms.
11. Movie Monday Each Monday 2 students present a scene from a movie that shows a leadership message and submits a 1 page write up.
Scene MUST be appropriate for school.
Incorporates writing and public speaking.
12. Films with a Leadership Message Goal! A Dream Begins
Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe
The Mighty Ducks
The Karate Kid
Facing the Giants (Religious)
Rudy Remember the Titans
The Right Stuff
Friday Night Lights
Akeela and the Bee
Little Miss Sunshine
Various TV Shows (Gilmore Girls, 7th Heaven, Lost, Survivor, etc.)
13. Leadership Scrapbook All Year Assignment
Portfolio of what was learned all year
Students express what they learned in words and pictures.
Can be shaped to fit any class or grade level.
Can be altered for students who take class more than once. Includes:
Goals for the Future
Letter from Parent
14. Leadership Scrapbook