Student Notice of Awards Version 2.0. Online Application Process. The University of Texas at El Paso. Objectives ~. Simplify the process Automate eligibility verification Automate notification process Refine areas that have caused issues Ongoing Project Result:
Student Notice of Awards Version 2.0
Online Application Process
The University of Texas at El Paso
Eliminate steps from current approval routing process.
~ This will be automatically populated from information tracked through your log-in
1. Open Internet Explorer
2. Go to http://www.utep.edu/
3. Click on
4. Go to Faculty/Staff tab & Log In
~ After clicking the new link to the form
~ You will see the following entry screen:
~ The other fields related to a student’s record will automatically populate
1) Award Type
2) Aid Year
Enter the Name
- OR –
Use the drop down box to find the Name and click on it
~ If known, the project experience can be entered by the Creator or by the Professor upon their approval
1) Email is received when the document is created and submitted
2) When the documents is forwarded through the approval routing after the Supervising Professor approves the award
~ This email will tell you that it has been approved and routed to Financial Aid and/or ORSP and or The Graduate School and is pending final approval
~ After this point, you should contact your CAO for questions on the award or its status
3) Upon receipt of the rejection email the Supervising professor does have the option to overide the rejection.
1) Go to the link provided in notification email to see the award request
2) After reviewing the request form, update the Project Experience information
3) Click the Approve button
Note** The document creator should inform the supervising professor not to immediately discard the email notification of the award in the event there are any issues
* Email will state that award has been approved and is scheduled for payment in Financial Aid. Payment will take approximately 5 business days.
2). Student will receive an Email if the Award is rejected for any reason at any stage of the approval process.
~ At this point, the student should be told to contact the Department for questions on the award or its status; they will not receive any additional emails
Ruben Ramon Chavira
Special Projects Accounting Manager
Office of Financial Services
Student Aid Notice of Award Help Desk Number extension # 6126
Email contact information; firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please don’t hesitate to call if you have questions !