5:4 Inequalities for Sides and Angles of a Triangle. Objective: Recognize and apply relationships between sides and angles of triangles. C. EX. 7. 12.
Objective: Recognize and apply relationships between sides and angles of triangles
Theorem:If one side of a triangle is longer than another side, then the angle opposite the longer side has a greater measure than the angle opposite the shorter side.
List the angles from greatest
Theorem: If one angle of a triangle has a greater measure than another angle, then the side opposite the greater angle is longer than the side opposite the lesser angle.
List the sides from shortest
1. Which side of ▲RTU is the longest?
2. Name the side of ▲UST that is the longest.
1. What is the longest segment in ▲CED?
2. Find the longest segment in ▲ABE.
3. Find the longest segment on the figure. Justify your choice.
4. What is the shortest segment in BCDE?
5. Is the figure drawn to scale? Explain.
m∠A = 12x - 9, m∠B = 62 – 3x ,
m∠C = 16x + 2