. Perspective that states a persons body is the cause of the behavior.. Biological Perspective. . . Current school of thought that looks at a persons thoughts as the cause for behavior.. Cognitive Perspective. . . Perspective that studies the FUNCTION of our thoughts.. Functionalism. . . Current per
1. MODULE 1 VOCAB
2. Perspective that states a persons body is the cause of the behavior.
3. Biological Perspective
4. Current school of thought that looks at a persons thoughts as the cause for behavior.
5. Cognitive Perspective
6. Perspective that studies the FUNCTION of our thoughts.
8. Current perspective that says we behave differently depending on who we are with and where we are.
9. Social-Cultural Perspective
10. Research in a lab
11. Basic Research
12. Current perspective that believes behaviors must be observable and comes from rewards and punishment.
13. Behaviorist Perspective
14. Optimal Human Functioning
15. Positive Psychology
16. Study of mind and behavior
18. Perspective that focuses on reaching your full potential.
19. Humanistic Perspective
20. Applying research to the public
21. Applied Research
22. Old perspective that studies the STRUCTURE of our thoughts.
24. A collection of ideas, sometimes called an approach or school of thought.
25. Psychological Perspective
26. Perspective founded by Freud.
Unconscious drives and conflicts
27. Psychoanalytic Perspective
28. School of thought on the horizon that looks at our genes as the causes of our behavior.
29. Behavior Genetics
30. The whole is different from the sum of its parts. Ex) cookie or music notes
31. Gestalt Psychology
32. First American Psychologist
33. William James
34. Founder of psychoanalysis
35. Sigmund Freud
36. Behaviorist/Skinner Box
37. BF Skinner
38. Father of Psychology
39. William Wundt
40. Founder of structuralism
41. EB Titchener
42. Physiologist who studied the digestive system in dogs
43. Ivan Pavlov
44. Little Albert and founder of behaviorism
45. John B Watson
46. Hierarchy of needs
47. Abraham Maslow
48. Studied children's thought processes
49. Jean Piaget
50. First PhD. And first American Lab
51. G Stanley Hall
52. 1st African American woman to receive a PhD.
53. Beverly Inez Prosser
54. 1st woman to receive a PhD. In psychology
55. Margaret Floy Washburn
56. 1st African American male to receive PhD. in Psychology
57. Francis Cecil Sumner
58. 1st woman to complete the requirements for a PhD. in Psychology but never received it.
59. Mary Whiton Calkins