“It’s a ‘Final Push’ Friday!’” April 30, 2010 Mr. Houghteling. AP Literature and Composition And because it’s Friday, you know what that means…. It’s great to be alive!. 1. Turn in your responses to the Ann Petry prompt. 2. Discuss the AP Poetry practice set. 3. A Doll House discussion.
“It’s a ‘Final Push’ Friday!’”April 30, 2010Mr. Houghteling
AP Literature and Composition
And because it’s Friday, you know what that means…
1. What is the downfall of Nora and Torvald’s relationship?
2. Compare and contrast the relationship of Krogstad and Mrs. Linde with Nora and Torvald (p.1750 quote).
3. What is the significance of Dr. Rank’s character? What is the significance of his death to Nora? Discuss the connection between him and Nora.
4. What do the macaroons symbolize?
5. What’s the significance of the play’s title?
6. What is the role of religion in the play?
7. Discuss the traditional constructions of gender as expressed in the play through the characterizations of Nora, Torvald, Mrs. Linde, Krogstad, and Dr. Rank.