Preparing for 2014: Where have we been and where are we going. November 22, 2013 Manatt, Phelps & Phillips, LLP. Overview of Environmental Scan. Where we are: Continued federal scrutiny of New York’s Medicaid program Medicaid Redesign Implementation OPWDD Transformation
Where have we been and where are we going
November 22, 2013
Manatt, Phelps & Phillips, LLP
In 2014, the attention will be on implementation, not new policy directions:
Advance Care Alliance
Advocates for the Disabled
Affinity Health Plan
A-Z Representative Payee
Care Management of New York
EIHAB Human Services
Excellent Home Care Services
Extended Manged Long Term Care
General Human Outreach in the Community, Inc.
HASC Center Inc.
Human Care Services
Kee to Independent Growth
Living Resources Inc.
Lower Westside Household Services
Magellen Health Services
NYIN New York Integrated Network
Partners Health Plan Inc.
Person Centered Services WNY
Staten Island Opportunities Alliance
Young Adults with Special Abilities
*Fully Integrated Duals Advantage
• Assist in transitioning people with disabilities into the community from developmental centers, ICFs, sheltered workshops and nursing homes;
• Reform the assessment of the needs/choices of clients;
• Adopt new Olmstead outcome measures;
• Enhance integrated housing, employment, and transportation services;
• Improve services to children, seniors, and people with disabilities involved with the criminal justice system;
• Remove legal barriers to community integration; and
• Assure continuing accountability for serving people with disabilities in the most integrated setting.