Loading in 2 Seconds...
Loading in 2 Seconds...
Strategic Sealift Officer Program(SSOP) ( F ormerly the Merchant Marine Reserve Program (MMRP)). On Facebook https ://www.facebook.com/#!/groups/140087379355527/ and LinkedIn http://www.linkedin.com/groups/Strategic-Sealift-Officer-Program-5122850/about. Briefing Overview/Aims. SSO Program
Download Policy: Content on the Website is provided to you AS IS for your information and personal use and may not be sold / licensed / shared on other websites without getting consent from its author.While downloading, if for some reason you are not able to download a presentation, the publisher may have deleted the file from their server.
https://www.facebook.com/#!/groups/140087379355527/ and LinkedIn
• Complete a Physical Health Assessment (PHA) annually
• Complete a Physical Fitness Assessments (PFA) semi-annually
- ADTs are generally 12-29 day evolutions designed to promote operational readiness and training for the reserve component
- Performance is Mandatory; but location and duty is optional (to a point)
- One of the few times where you will receive a FITREP
- Diverse assignments and locations are preferred
- You are required to perform At least 1 ADT per Fiscal year; you are responsible for managing your points towards your AY
- Second ADT’s can be authorized after 31 March, take advantage!
- Any Support of Strategic Sealift
• Shipboard Operations
• Shipyard Operations
• Maritime Operations
- First Three ADTs are prescribed to all SSRG members
- Upon successful completion of the third ADT, SSRG members will select a CORE.
- ***Shipboard CORE is the default if no selection is made***
- SSRG members must serve three years in a CORE before changing if desired.
- 15 points are gratuitous for Reserve Membership
- 1 point is awarded for every day of Active Duty served
- 1 point is awarded for every 4 hours served while in a drilling status (SELRES, VTU, IDT)
- Correspondence courses offered on NKO and thru NETC
- 35 Points are awarded for a license renewal or upgrade with a STCW endorsement. Your initial license COUNTS for points, thus your first year is automatically a good year!
- 1 point is awarded for every 4 hours of an STCW course, up to 5 points can be awarded for Non-STCW courses per year
All Courses are awarded on the DATE which the course certificate indicates, NOT when it is submitted to NPC or the Program Office
Strategic Sealift Officer
SSRG & SELRES Career Progression Overlay
ENS-LT: Annual AT/ADT, stay compliant with SSO requirements
Masters Degree, JPME
OPNAV N42E SSO Program Sponsor
UNIT CO, XO
Unit CO, OIC for Region
CNRFC N14 SSO Program Manager
Exercise Support, Board Experience
SEALOG OIC, SSRG Instructor
Volunteer for ADSW, Mobilization, Individual Augmentee, Recall, Extended ADT, Multiple ADT
*0 1 2 3 45 6 8 10 12 14 16 18 20 22 24 26 28
SSRG = Strategic Sealift Readiness Group
*SSO should be sailing in the first 5 years after commissioning unless receiving waivers or on active duty (USMMA and SIP graduates only). Those SSO who are not required to sail are encouraged to be in the SELRES or VTU.
***This Course is run by the NOSC Norfolk and under the co-administration of the Navy Reserve Professional Development Center, DET Norfolk (NRPDC) and the Commander Navy Reserve Forces Command, CNRFC N14.***
Navy Reserve Homeport/SSOP N14 SharePoint Webpage: https://private.navyreserve.navy.mil/
NPC (Navy Personnel Command): http://www.public.navy.mil/bupers-npc/Pages/default.aspx
BUPERS Online: https://www.bol.navy.mil/
Military Sealift Command: www.msc.navy.mil
Maritime Administration: www.marad.dot.gov
NSIPS: https://nsips.nmci.navy.mil/ - “For SSOP Annual Reporting”
Navy Knowledge Online: www.nko.navy.mil
NETC (Non-Resident Training Courses): https://www.courses.netc.navy.mil/Default.aspx
Navy Personnel Command: http://www.npc.navy.mil/channels
Defense Travel System: http://www.defensetravel.osd.mil/dts/site/index.jsp
Navy One Source: www.navyonesource.com
MARAD (Maritime) Compliance: https://mscs.marad.dot.gov- “For MARAD Annual Reporting”
Navy Webmail: https://webmail.east.nmci.navy.mil/exchange
CAC Issues: http://militarycac.com
- Post 9/11 GI BILL (Must have at least 90 days of AD to qualify)
- Exchange/Commissary Use (Online Exchange as well)
- TRI CARE Dental