“Knowledge, Attitude and practice (KAP) study on Dengue fever among 1 st and 2 nd year biomedical sciences students in ukm 2009 ” . Group members. Ho Sie Hong A114542 Kam Han Nee A110930 Heng Kai Yen A114169 Loh Jaik Pei A111157
“Knowledge, Attitude and practice (KAP) study on Dengue fever among 1st and 2nd year biomedical sciences students in ukm 2009”
1902 -> Earliest recorded case of dengue fever in Penang.
1962 -> First major dengue outbreak in Penang.
1973-> Nationwide outbreak in Kuala Lumpur
Source from Ministry of Health Malaysia
**28.12.2008 – 03/01/2009 ,1157 cases with 4 fatality cases have been reported!**
- Is the level of KAP among 1st and 2nd year Biomedical Sciences students high?
- The level of KAP among 1st and 2nd year Biomedical Sciences students is high.
- All Biomedical Sciences students in UKM KKL.
- A group of 1st and 2nd year Biomedical Sciences students in UKM KKL.
- The list of 1st and 2nd year Biomedical Sciences students in 2009
~ total 1st year students = 84 students
~ total 2nd year students = 97 students
n = λ2 NP (1-P)
∆2 (N-1) + λ2P (1-P)
- sample size for 1st year students = 78
- sample size for 2nd year students = 83
- total sample size = 161
- Indirect Method
- Closed Ended Question
- Likert scale
- Independent t-test
- One way ANOVA
- One Way Chi square
- Race – Chinese, Malays, Indians or Others
- Year of study – 1st or 2nd year UKM Biomedical Sciences students of session 2008-2009