Lecture 14. What % of sexually active women have HPV (human papilloma virus, causes genital warts)? 10% 20% 50% 70% 90%. Fostering Critical Thinking in a large lecture Microbiology course. Erica Suchman, Ph.D. Department of Microbiology, Immunology and Pathology
Erica Suchman, Ph.D.
Department of Microbiology, Immunology and Pathology
Colorado State University
N02- NH4 Nitrite is reduced. Which means that Nitrite is accepting electrons. As this is a non-Oxygen acceptor it is by definition anaerobic. Nitrite could serve as the final electron acceptor in either anaerobic respiration or anaerobic chemolithotrophy. In anaerobic respiration Nitrite would accept electrons from organic materials and in chemolithotrophy Nitrite would accept electrons from inorganic materials.
1: Determining the identity of field isolated organism based on their characteristics: comparing eubacteria, archea, & eukaryotes; classification.
2: Metabolism & bioremediation
3: Transcription, translation and mutations
4: Viral life cycles and anti-viral drugs.
Justice and Suchman
Justice and Suchman
spirilla, corkscrew with flagella
Antigen with 2 epitopes
Antibodies bound to epitopes
2. You have 3 proteins on the surface of one bacterium that serve as antigens. Protein A has 3 antibody binding sites, Protein B has 4, and Protein C has 2. How many different B lymphocytes will be specific for this bacterium?
1. The number of times students worked cooperatively during the semester
2. The number of times the instructor changed lecture due to lack of student comprehension
3. Performance on shared questions on exams that were either only covered by lecture in both sections, or by both lecture and CRS questions in section A
5. Responses to a end of semester survey
I reported making changes in lecture due to lack of student comprehension 83 more times than my teaching partner in section B that used CRS as only a quizzing tool
Students in section A reported
Than students in section B