Applications and Advancements in Biomechanical Engineering. A sub-field of Bio-medical Engineering. Riyad Mohammed. The Discipline of Biomechanical Engineering.
Related searches for Applications and Advancements in Biomechanical Engineering
A sub-field of Bio-medical Engineering
- Apatite (a major component of tooth enamel and bone mineral)
- Used as a bridge between hearts for patients on organ waiting lists.
- more than 800 implants
- 79% of patients survived to transplant
- sports the highest bridge-to-transplant rate for any heart device in the world
- the Massachusetts based company AbioMed™ has produced the AbioCor®artificial heart.
- It is fully implantablewithin a patient, meaning that no wires or tubes penetrate the skin, thus reducing the risk of infection.
- used in patients with severe end-stage heart disease, who have become ineligible for heart transplant and have no other treatment options.
- To date, 15 patients have been implanted with the AbioCor, with one patient living for 512 days with the AbioCor.
- Right atrium
- Left atrium
- Pulmonary artery