Important Pension Changes From D.C. - What Do You Need to Know?. Marcia S. Wagner, Esq. Transforming the Retirement System. Regulatory landscape is changing. DOL is rolling out new rules for 2012. Fee disclosures for plan sponsors Participant-level fee disclosures
Marcia S. Wagner, Esq.
Advisers can help sponsors prepare.
(1) Fee-Leveling (Fiduciary Adviser’s fees do not vary)
(2) Computer Model certified by expert.
1. Fee Disclosures to Participants2. Participant Investment Advice3. 408(b)(2) Disclosures4. Broader “Fiduciary” Definition 5. Default Investments - TDFs 6. Lifetime Income Options
(1) advisor is acting as seller of securities.
(2) advisor’s interests are adverse to client.
(3) advice is not impartial.