Outline of Presentation. Corporate social responsibilityIndustry sustainability reportConflict minerals issue. Corporate Social Responsibility. Goal for company is to embrace responsibility for its actions and encourage a positive impact through its activities on the environment and the public.. Environmental Sustainability Reporting.
Download Policy: Content on the Website is provided to you AS IS for your information and personal use and may not be sold / licensed / shared on other websites without getting consent from its author.While downloading, if for some reason you are not able to download a presentation, the publisher may have deleted the file from their server.
1. Corporate Social Responsibility in the U.S. Consumer Electronics Industry
2. Outline of Presentation Corporate social responsibility
Industry sustainability report
Conflict minerals issue
3. Corporate Social Responsibility Goal for company is to embrace responsibility for its actions and encourage a positive impact through its activities on the environment and the public.
4. Environmental Sustainability Reporting First report for consumer electronics industry in 2008
5. CEA 2010 Sustainability Report
6. 2010 Report Product design
Transport and delivery
7. 2010 Report Social contributions
8. 2010 Report Social contributions
Value of cash and products donated by ten largest CE companies in 2009:
USD 882 million
9. 2010 Report Corporate sustainability reporting
Communicate information in a proactive and transparent way
Reporting framework and guidance (for example, Global Reporting Initiative)
10. “Conflict Minerals” Background
New financial reform law in U.S.
New regulations (due in spring 2010) require companies to determine and disclose origin and use of “conflict minerals”
Important to avoid burdening trade
11. “Conflict Minerals” Private sector initiatives: Global e-Sustainability Initiative (GeSI) and Electronic Industry Citizenship Coalition (EICC) announced a “Conflict-Free Smelter (CFS)” program in December 2010
12. Conclusion Corporate social responsibility is important for trade associations as well as companies
Industry-level sustainability reports are positive and helpful
New laws require industry engagement but also offer opportunity for industry initiatives
13. Douglas JOHNSON [email protected]