高考英语情态动词与虚拟语气试题集锦. Can you make it?. I have lost one of my gloves. I ______ it somewhere. A. must drop B. must have dropped C. must be dropping D. must have been dropped 2. Tom, you ______ leave all your clothes on the floor like this.
Can you make it?
when the accident happened.
A. shouldn’t B. couldn’t
C. mustn’t D. needn’t
6. There ______be any difficulty about passing
the road test since you have practiced a lot in
the driving school.
A. mustn’t B. shan’t C. shouldn’t D. needn’t
7. I was on the highway when the car went
past followed by a police car. They ______ at
least 150 kilometers an hour.
A. should have been doing
B. must have been doing
C. could have done
D. would have done
─ It ______Harry’s. He always wears green.
A. has to be B. will be C. mustn’t be D. could be
9. ─ Catherine, I have cleaned the room for you.
─ Thank you. You ______ it. I could manage it.
A. needn’t do B. needn’t have done
C. mustn’t do D. shouldn’t have done
10. ─Lucy doesn’t mind lending you her dictionary.
─She ______. I’ve already borrowed one.
A. can’t B. mustn’t C. needn’t D. shouldn’t
11.─Do you know where David is? I couldn’t find
─Well. He ______ have gone far—his coat’s still
A. shouldn’t B. mustn’t C. can’t D. wouldn’t
to go to Tibet and travel through as much of it as
A. would B. could C. has to D. ought to
13. ─Shall I give you a ride as you live so far away?
─Thank you. ______.
A. It couldn’t be better B. Of course you can
C. If you like D. It’s up to you
14.─Tom is never late for work. Why is he absent
─Something ______ to him.
A. must happen B. should have happened
C. could have happened D. must have happened
called the World Wide Wait because it ______
be very slow.
A. should B. must C. will D. can
16. Helen ______ go on the trip with us, but she
isn’t quite sure yet.
A. shall B. must C. may D. can
17. –The woman biologist stayed in Africa
studying wild animals for 13 years before
– Oh, dear! She ______ a lot of difficulties.
A. may go through
B. might go through
C. ought to have gone through
D. must have gone through
A. could B. would C. must D. need
19. This cake is very sweet. You ______ a lot of
sugar in it.
A. should put B. could have put
C. might put D. must have put
20. You ______ be tired—you’ve only been working
for an hour.
A. must not B. won’t C. can’t D. may not
21. Mr. White ______ at 8:30 for the meeting, but he
didn’t show up.
A. should have arrived B. should arrive
C. should have had arrived D. should be arriving
you think I ______ report it to the police?
A. should B. may C. will D. can
23. –Mum, I’ve been studying English since 8
o’clock. ______ I go out and play with Tom
for a while?
–No, I’m afraid not. Besides, it’s raining
A. Can’t B. Wouldn’t C. May not D. Won’t
24. –Excuse me. Is this the right way to the
–Sorry, I’m not sure, but it ______ be.
A. might B. will C. must D. can
computer to type a report.
–You ______ have my computer if you don’t
take care of it.
A. shan’t B. might not C. needn’t D. shouldn’t
26. –I don’t mind telling you what I know.
–You ______. I’m not asking for it.
A. mustn’t B. may not C. can’t D. needn’t
27. I ______ pay Tracy a visit, but I’m not sure
whether I will have time this Sunday.
A. should B. might C. would D. could28. –I’ll 28. –I’ll tell Mary about her new job tomorrow.
–You ______ her last week.
A. ought to tell B. would have told
C. must tell D. should have told
33. You might just as well tell the manufacturer that according to the agreement made by both sides,” declared the judge.
male customers ______ not like the design of
A. must B. shall C. may D. need
34. How ____ you say you really understand the
whole story if you have covered only part of the
A. can B. must C. need D. may
35. Naturally, after I told her what to do, my
daughter ______ go and do the opposite.
A. may B. can C. must D. should
36. It has been announced that candidates ______
remain in their seats until all the papers have
A. can B. will C. may D. shall
37. –What’s the matter with Peter? according to the agreement made by both sides,” declared the judge.
–He was seen crying when he was coming out
of the teacher’s office. He ______ by the
A. may be scolded B. should have been scolded
C. must be scolded D. must have been scolded
38. –What’s the matter with the man hanging his
–Well, if you _____ know, he was caught
stealing my bike.
A. must B. may C. can d. shall
39. Lisa hasn’t lived here for long. She ______
know many people.
A. needn’t B. can’t C. shouldn’t D. didn’t
40. –There’s someone outside. Who ______ it be? according to the agreement made by both sides,” declared the judge.
–It must be Mary. She promised to come over at
A. must B. can C. shall D. need
41. They must have been enjoying themselves there,
otherwise they ______ so long.
A. can’t have stayed B. wouldn’t have stayed
C. needn’t have stayed D. couldn’t stay
42. Recently quite a lot of experts ______ that
another law on wildlife protection ______ as soon
A. suggested; must be passed
B. have suggested; be passed
C. were suggesting; was passed
D. suggested; being passed
43. –Why! I ______ get you on the phone. according to the agreement made by both sides,” declared the judge.
–We ______ basketball on the playground
when you phoned.
A. didn’t; must be playing
B. couldn’t; must be playing
C. couldn’t; must have played
D. didn’t; must have been playing
44. Often, when he ______ something that
______ him, he wasted his time drawing
some little pictures.
A. should be doing; gave
B. should have been doing; was given
C. should do; was given
D. should have been doing; had given
45. If I ever decided to quit, then nothing my according to the agreement made by both sides,” declared the judge.
parents or my coaches ______ say ______
change my mind. It’s my life, not theirs.
A. could; would B. could; should
C. would; must D. would; should