Dramatizing the Digestive system. Presented at Focus on the Arts PD- Feb 4, 2011. THE DIGESTIVE SYSTEM LESSON. An elementary/middle school science lesson plan on the digestive system. Suggested Grades: 3rd Grade – 9 th Grades. Instructional Objectives. The student will:
Dramatizing the Digestive system
Presented at Focus on the Arts PD- Feb 4, 2011
1. Previous learning on the Digestive System
2. View video
3. Interactive website exploration
4. Discuss and define the roles for the digestive system. How each role should be acted out using the prior knowledge learned. Ie. How could we act out moving the food down the esophagus? What would the people role playing the esophagus need to do?
5. Hand out the roletags. Have each group of students determine their actions and prepare themselves.
6. Begin the role play with a narrator voicing over as the food moves through the system.
7. Switch roles and try again if time available.
8. Group discussion and reflection on the activity.