Download Policy: Content on the Website is provided to you AS IS for your information and personal use only and may not be sold or licensed nor shared on other sites. SlideServe reserves the right to change this policy at anytime. While downloading, If for some reason you are not able to download a presentation, the publisher may have deleted the file from their server.
2. 1 Regulations under OSHA 1994 Occupational Safety and Health (Employers? Safety and Health General Policy Statements) (Exception) Regulations 1995.
Occupational Safety and Health (Control of Industrial Major Accident Hazards) Regulations 1996.
Occupational Safety and Health (Safety & Health Committee) Reg. 1996.
Occupational Safety and Health (Classification, Packaging and labeling of Hazardous Chemicals) Regulations 1997.
Occupational Safety and Health (Safety and Health Officer) Regulations 1997.
Occupational Safety and Health (Safety and Health Officer) Order 1997.
Occupational Safety and Health (Prohibition of Use of Substance) Order 1999.
Occupational Safety and Health (Use & Standards of Exposure of Chemicals Hazardous to Health) Reg. 2000.
17. 16 Where the manufacturer has prepared an on-site emergency plan and the industrial activity concerned is continuing, the manufacturer shall update the on-site emergency plan as part of the report.
The Director General may review the on-site emergency plan submitted to him, and shall, if he is of the opinion that the plan submitted is not satisfactory, direct the manufacturer in writing to improve the emergency plan within such time as he may specify.
19. 18 The manufacturer has to ensure that persons outside the site who are likely to to be affected by a major accident occurring at the site, are supplied with at least the information specified in Schedule 3.
The manufacturer shall endeavour to enter into an agreement with the authorities to disseminate the information specified in Schedule 3 to the persons concerned but the manufacturer shall remain responsible for the accuracy, completeness and form of the information supplied.
The manufacturer shall ensure that the information supplied is updated and re-supplied at appropriate intervals.
The manufacturer shall take all necessary steps before commencing the industrial activity except for an industrial activity which has already commenced before the commencement of these Regulations or which has been determined as a major hazard installation, it shall be a sufficient compliance if the manufacturer takes the necessary steps within six months after the commencement of the Regulations or from the date of the determination.
22. 21 INDICATIVE CRITERIA
23. 22 INDICATIVE CRITERIA
46. 45 Name of the manufacturer and the address of the site of industrial activity.
Identification by position held of person giving the information.
Confirmation that the site is subject to these Regulations and that the report referred to in sub-regulation 15 (1) been submitted to the Director General.
An explanation in simple terms of the activity undertaken on the site.
The common names or the generic names or the general danger classification of the substances and preparations involved on the site which could give rise to a major accident with an indication of their principal hazardous characteristics.
48. 47 Installation for the production, processing or treatment of organic or inorganic chemicals using for these purposes amongst others, the followings :
- alkylation -?hydrogenation - extraction -?hydrolysis -?amination by ammonolysis -? solvation -?carbonylation -?oxidation -?mixing -?codensation -?polymerization -?esterification -?dehydrogenation -?sulphonation -?distillation -?halogenation and manufacture of halogens -?desulphurization, manufacture and transformation of sulphur-containing compounds -?nitration and manufacture of nitrogen-containing compounds -?manufacture of phosphorus-containing compounds -?formulation of pesticides and of pharmaceutical products
51. 50 A. Particulars of Installation
52. 51 B. Quantity of Hazardous Substances at the Installation
53. 52 C. Particulars of Manufacturer making the notification 1) Name :
2) NRIC No. :
3) Designation :
4) Address :
5) Date :
I certify that the information provided is true and correct to the best of my knowledge / I have ceased operation. *
* Delete whichever is inapplicable.
54. 53 FORM A
57. 56 The report shall contain the following information :
Information relating to every hazardous substance involved in the industrial activity and its relevant quantity as listed in Schedule 2, namely : - the name of the hazardous substance as given in Schedule 2 or, for a hazardous substance included under a general designation, the name corresponding to the chemical formula of the hazardous substance;
- a general description of the analytical method available to the manufacturer in determining the presence of the hazardous substance or references to such methods in the scientific literature;
- a brief description of the hazards which may be created by the hazardous substance; and
- the degree of purity of the hazardous substance and the names of its main impurities and their percentages;