Download Policy: Content on the Website is provided to you AS IS for your information and personal use only and may not be sold or licensed nor shared on other sites. SlideServe reserves the right to change this policy at anytime. While downloading, If for some reason you are not able to download a presentation, the publisher may have deleted the file from their server.
1. P6 PARENTS BRIEFINGSCIENCE AGENDA:
MONITORING AND ASSISTANCE
2. Curriculum Matters PSLE Coverage
P3 to P6 Work / Content
Science Process Skills
3. Process Skills Basic
- Measuring and using
apparatus / equipment
- Making hypothesis Integrated
- Creative Problem
- Decision Making
5. Science Resource Kit?..for all levels in 2012 Laboratory Rules & Apparatus
Guidelines for Drawing Scientific diagrams
3 Important questions that are often asked
Why repeat the experiment X times ?
What is a control ?
What is a fair test ?
6. Curriculum matters Mid Year, syllabus completion.
Revision comprises mainly past-year papers (ACS as well as other schools), PSLE booklet
On-going preparation includes:
Process skills worksheets
Quality vs. quantity
7. 3 Main steps to doing well in PSLE Science?..
8. Weekly Supplementary Lessons (Thurs.) Current P6 Work
Revision of P3 to P5 Work
Exam. Strategies / Techniques of answering Sc. questions
9. Enrichment Lessons (June 2012) ?Electronics?
10. EXAM. MATTERS FORMAT OF PAPER:
60 % APPLICATION (requires process skills), 40% KNOWLEDGE (requires memorizing of facts with understanding)
30 MCQ x 2 m each (60 m), 14 Open-Ended
1hr 45 mins
P3 to P6 syllabus
11. MOE Primary Science Website www.sciberdiver.edu.sg
12. Marks allocation for School?s Semestral Exams
13. Table of Specifications for P6 SA2 / Prelims (Standard Science)
14. Points to note
16. Monitoring and Assistance Help to ensure that your child knows the text book content through and through.
P3 to P5 content must be re-learnt.
Help your child to use concept maps to link concepts.
Monitor work especially workbooks (application based)?need to pay attention to corrections.
Help to ensure that homework is done and handed in on time !
Help to check that the boys follow the time-table and has the ?stuffs? required for the day?s Science lessons.
Work closely with your child?s teacher.
17. It?s a partnership?????????.
18. Mr Azman Dali (Head Of Department/Science)firstname.lastname@example.org 1633 X 219Mr Shahrul (Level Head/Science)email@example.com 1633 X 247