MAKEUP TIPS and tricks. Amanda Vallarino Nicole Delgado. TIME FOR MAKEUP. Makeup. OTHERS Eyeliner Lashes Bronzer Shadow Lipliner Brows. BASICS Foundation Blush Powder Mascara Lipgloss. Foundation.
SEASONAL UPDATE Don’t wear the same foundation with a summer tan as you would in the winter.
THE BLEND TREND Be sure to double-check your neck when applying foundation.
1. Select a blush based on the color your skin turns when you pinch your cheeks. Apply your foundation and powder as usual.
2. Smile—see the apples of your cheeks? That's your target! Using your blush brush, apply in a circular motion to rounded cheeks. Blend up and outward toward temples until no hard lines are left.
Matching your eye shadow to your eye color sounds like a good idea, but it doesn't work like you’d think. Eye color can get lost and muted when put next to a similar shade. Go for contrast instead.
• Dark eyes look good in grays, blues, purples, and greens.
• Light eyes look good in brown, taupe, and bronze shades
• Use less mascara on lower lashes than on top lashes. Or skip the mascara on lower lashes for a more casual look.
• If your mascara smells funny or is more than six months old, it’s time to toss it.