DO NOW. Fill in the gaps with the following words: Squeegee, mesh, textile ink, stencils monochrome, poly chrome, Negative space, Positive space , screen printing, tiny , one colour.
Download Policy: Content on the Website is provided to you AS IS for your information and personal use and may not be sold / licensed / shared on other websites without getting consent from its author.While downloading, if for some reason you are not able to download a presentation, the publisher may have deleted the file from their server.
Fill in the gaps with the following words: Squeegee, mesh, textile ink, stencils monochrome, poly chrome, Negative space, Positive space , screen printing, tiny, one colour.
A process whereby ________ is forced through a ____ space on a stretched _____ on a wooden frame with the help of a ____ is called __________ .
A monochrome is the act of producingartwork in ________. The production of artworks inmore than one colour called _______ .
A cut out to show a ______ and a ________ is known as a _________
- Techniques, tools and materials
- principles of painting
-1. Observatinal painting :e.gStill life, Nature study, human/ figure painting.
- 2. Interpretative Painting : e.g narrative, image making, abstract.
- Symmetrical: - this is achieved when one half of the painting is the mirror image of the other.
-Asymmetrical: - this is when the weight of the elements are equated but not identical
- Radial balance: - this emphasis balance at the centre.
* Create the layout – sketch
* Decide the media – postal colour, oil colour, water colour, etc
* Paint larger areas first – possibly the background
* Start with lighter colours
- use postal colours
- paint larger areas first (blend your colours)
- use lighter colours first (create tone)
1. Research and study paintings of the 18th and 19th century.
-note the subject matter/ideas/thoughts in the paintings
- note the media, techniques and effect of the principles of painting used. (due date: next lesson)
2. Research and print out pictures of major events and activities of marriage ceremonies in your traditional localities. (Due date: Next week)
3. Produce a painting based on traditional marriage ceremony in your locality (Due date: two weeks)