CHAPTER 14. ORGANIZATION STRUCTURE AND DESIGN. ESSAY TYPE QUESTIONS. 1. What are some of the major functions of organization structure? 2. What are the problems that result from Structural deficiencies? 3. What are the advantages and disadvantages of a flat organization structure?
ESSAY TYPE QUESTIONS
6. What assumptions form the basis for advocating
formalization in organization?
7. What are some of the advantage of job
8. Briefly describe the characteristics of
departmentalization by place.
9. What are the differences between unity of
command and span of control
10. Explain the various types of decision process in
MULTIPLE CHOICE QUESTIONS
3.The type of structure characterized by a few responsibilities centers in a smaller number of hierarchies is :
4.The focus in flat structure is on :
a.Means to achieve goals
b.Both means and end
d.Neither mean nor end
5. Decision making in a flat structure is :
c.Both Centralised and De-centralised
d.None of the above
6.One of the characteristics of the tall structure is:
a.Number of subordinates that a superior can supervise may be larger
b.Decision making is by and large decentralized
c.There are greater opportunities for upward movement
d.Focus is on end responsibilities
7.Two Managers at he same level but performing different roles in the same organization is an example of :
c.Differentiation by product
d.Differentiation by Place
9. In which type of culture do the results form the
basis of assessment of effectiveness?
10. Which of the following cultures makes
adaptation to change difficult?
11. In which of these cultures the employee objectives serve more personal interests rather than organizational interest?
12. Which of these is not a formal component of
13. Which of the following is not a typology of
14.The dimension of individualism or collectivism was prepared by:
d.Kroeber and kluckholn.
15. Which of the following defines the dominant value
in society emphasizing social relationship.
d.Power distance orientation
16. The study on organizational culture and climate at ONGC was undertaken by:
a.Virmani and Gupta.
17.Which of the following is a high uncertainity avoidance country?
18.NIIT was established by two graduates of :
19.Whose study concluded that large firms promote inertia and complacency?
b.Hannand and Freeman
c.Aldrich and Auster.
20.Which of these is not a part of soft sub culture at ONGC as identified by its executives?
a.Lack of empowerment.
b.Gap in plan and implementation.
d.Lack of coordination.
ANSER KEY for MCQs