Slavery and Abolition. 1820-1850.
1. United States.Conservative: Emancipation of slaves and their return to Africa with financial Compensation by the US government to slave owners.
2. Radical: Emancipation through slave revolt.
3. Moderate: Emancipation by appealing to the Christianity of slave owners.
Turner’s rebellion was IMPORTANT because: United States.
1. it scared slave owners
2. slaves were banned from learning to read
3. harsher slave codes were passed
4. freed slaves had to leave Virginia within 6 monthsResults of Turner’s Rebellion
Sojourner Truth and Frederick Douglass tried to appeal to the consciences of individual slave owners by arguing that: