Research on opinions and attitudes of bookseller and increasing retail sales in the sales of books, through staff training. Hristina Mihaleva 1 + 1 PhD, Prof. Dr. Assen Zlatarov University + Corresponding author. Tel.: (+35956858144) E-mail address : ([email protected]).
● Direct inquire;
● Interviewing and observation;
● Desk research;
● Comparative analysis;
● Structural analysis;
● Processing of the enquiries data and the results obtained from, using
● Preparation and elaboration of the respective enquiry, appropriate for the purpose;
● Determination of the most important professional competencies of the staff as regards to books sales using the self-assessment methods for the purpose;
● Elaboration of an appropriate enquiry;
● Conducting of the enquiry;
● Processing of the results obtained from it;
● Analysis of the obtained results;
● Drawing of deductions and conclusions;
● Presentation of the methods for the training of the staff within the sphere of the profitable sales.
The main hypothesis says the dispositions characteristic for Havel Company staff are of various nature; though, it may be considered, first of all, the booksellers determine themselves as good professionals.
● The booksellers are convinced to be quite familiar with single stages of the selling process and to have a good command of them;
● The booksellers need to improve the techniques of selling through training in that sphere;
● The booksellers need an extra stimulation that could contribute to an increase of the sales volume.
Figure 1. Self-assessment of booksellers` professional competencies.
Figure 2. Booksellers` answer to the question saying: “Do you say good morning / afternoon to the customers entering the bookshop? “
Figure 3. Answers to the question saying: “Do you ask appropriate introductive questions? “
Figure 5. Booksellers` evaluation on customers` awareness and demand.
Figure 6. Answer of the question saying: “How do you estimate the function between the efforts made in work and the remuneration received for? “