• high school English & Latin teacher
• writer and author
• no middle or elementary teaching experience
- lifeguard? parent?
• firm believer in the usefulness and flexibility of this form for students of any age
• the text
• some history & background
• in the classroom
• reviews / assessments
• discussion / questions / preparation
Do you remember it at all?
- written in 2nd person
- reader presented with choices
- each choice yields a different narrative path
This, however, is more strictly speaking hypertext fiction.
- a computer program / piece of software that…
- …both accepts and generates text
- a potential narrative (i.e. one that develops based on
input or interaction)
- a simulation of a world and/or environment
- a structure of rules within which an outcome is sought (i.e. a game or puzzle; such rules limit the input)
[Montfort Twisty Little Passages 23]
WHY official)?(my def of) IF?
Impact in Education official)?(from cyoa.com)
“CYOA has been cited by multiple educators as a uniquely effective method for helping students learn to read.”
“The series has documented popular appeal for kids as well as specific appeal for the reluctant reader population due to the interactivity.”
IF in the Classroom official)?
How much of the official)?Iliad do you remember?
What do you think? How would you use it?http://www.edutopia.org/blog/using-video-in-classroom-ron-peck