Introduction to eB. Presentation by Priyanka Sawarkar. What is eB ?. People. Organizations.
Presentation by Priyanka Sawarkar
It is.NET based platform, Foundation technology used by Bentley AssetWise Platform.Enterprise Bridge (eB) sustains and provides complete, accurate and meaningful information that enables efficient decision making at all levels of the enterprise.
eBis Asset Lifecycle Information Management System
Assets : Assets are what you need to run your business.
Plant & Equipment
People & Organizations
Design, Construction, Operation, & Maintenance
Timely access to trusted information
Other eB Services
Presentation Tier i.e. User Interface :
Is what the user sees. eB included an interface accessible to anyone familiar with Windows applications.
Business Process Tier :
In this central functions are performed by eB, such as document management, document retrieval.
Document Management:Controls the lifecycle of documents in the organization
- How they are created, reviewed and published
- Who they are created by
- How they are disposed of or retained
- Phases of Documentation : creation review approval publication disposition phases
Change and Configuration Management :Managing change and managing the configuration of complex entities. "Three Pillars" of configuration management are : 1) Items : “What really there is” . It may be any physical or virtual Item. 2) Document and data : “ What we say there is”. This generally contains description of items 3) Requirement : “What must be there”. This should be according to customer requirement. Record Management : keeps important documents for as long as is necessary, and no longer than that. - Build your own records taxonomy - Record types assigned automatically – ensure compliance - Archival, destruction, and hold orders supported
eB included an interface accessible to anyone familiar with Windows applications.
- Task-oriented, tailor to user’s role
- No installation, no maintenance
- Accessible through browser easily
- Include powerful query, view and print capability
- Ability to provide data support for business process
- View and configure the Information Model
- Desktop application
- Design for data administrator role to configure eB
- Installation and Maintenance required
eB Web editor
- Capture, classify and store information:This is First step to get information into the system. We cannot manage anything unless we capture, classify and store information.
-Organize Information: Contextual Mapping is another way of Configuration. Managementorganize, relate informationis “Contextual Mapping”
- Rapid Access: Easy and quick way to find information anytime, anywhere
- Change Management : Manage the change process, ensuring information integrity
- Communicate Changes :Tracking the status of an object in the system so I can identify if it’s the previous or current version REPORTING
- Monitoring: Understand when an object is added, changed, deactivated and what other objects were impacted
- Security : Regulate access based on permissions. Provides a comprehensive, three-level data security system, which allows for control on access to the data stored in the system.
- Tracks Document Locations : Keeps track of document locations (physical and electronic) in the organization, and manages the distribution of documents.
- Integrity and synchronizes : Ensures item integrity and synchronizes data transferred to other computerized systems.
Governance : Workflows to automate governance policies, Governance reports and Audit Information
Compliance : Records Management, Historic Information of Business Objects, Security and Access Controls Tracking of Compliance reporting
Integrity and Control : Change Management, revision control
Visibility : Single view of all related information Collaboration
Management of electronic and paper simultaneously
Easy to use working environment.
Improve Operational Efficiency, quality, safety, reduces cost and minimize business risks