Revision:. 1. 独自一人去海岸附近旅游是危险的。 2. 他是否会接受那个工作还不确定。 3. 同他谈话没有用。 4. 很高兴再次见到你。 5. 他没来很奇怪。. It is dangerous to travel alone near the coast. It was unknown whether he would accept the job. It is no use talking to him. It is nice to see you again. It is strange that he didn’t come.
It is dangerous to travel alone near the coast.
It was unknown whether he would accept the job.
It is no use talking to him.
It is nice to see you again.
It is strange that he didn’t come.
1.What is the official language in New Zealand?
2. For the Maori, what are special days called?
3. When are the school main holidays?
English and Maori.
Mid-December till early February.
1. From the passage we can figure out Maori people are about _____ more than Asians living in New Zealand.A. 532,000 B. 304,000 C. 340,000 D. 228,000
2. In New Zealand, a public servant may offer services ______ .A. in many languages B. only in English C. only in Maori D. either in English or in Maori
3. Maori people believe that _____A. not all the people have spirits.B. one’s spirit will never leave his body.C. one’s spirit will not die when he dies.D. one’s spirit will disappear the moment he is dead.
1. New Zealand wine is the best wine in the world.2. On the average, a New Zealander enjoys much more space than a European.3. Agriculture plays a small part in New Zealand.4. In January, the night in New Zealand is the same short as that in China.
5. At a Maori burial service, people may talk something about the dead person.
1. has a population of
e.g. What is the population of your city?
It has a population of six million.
2. make up
e.g. We should let him make up his mistakes.
She makes herself up in the morning.
3. at an early age
at the age of
e.g. He turned to the study of medicine.
He often turns to the teacher for help.
e.g. The work is of great importance.
= The work is very important.
Paragraph 1: population, ethnic groups
and the language spoken by them.
Paragraph2: culture of one or more ethnic
Groups that are native to your region.
Paragraph3: the agricultural products that
your region is famous for.
Paragraph4: the things people like to do
in their free time in your region.