Download Policy: Content on the Website is provided to you AS IS for your information and personal use and may not be sold / licensed / shared on other websites without getting consent from its author.While downloading, if for some reason you are not able to download a presentation, the publisher may have deleted the file from their server.
2. 1. Distinguish between the terms: atom, molecule, element, compound, organic, inorganic.
3. 2. What are the most common elements in all living organisms?
4. 3. List the properties of water
5. 4. What is the name of the bond formed between two water molecules?
6. 5. What are a monomer and a polymer?
7. 6. What is the name of the reactions that join / separate monomers by adding or removing water?
8. 7. What is the general formula for a carbohydrate?
9. 8. What does the word triose tell you?
10. 9. What is the difference between a molecular and structural formulae?
11. 10. What units form; maltose, sucrose and lactose?
12. 11. Draw the two isomers of glucose.
13. 12. What properties make starch and glycogen good storage molecules?
14. 13. Describe the structure of cellulose.
15. 14. What is the test for; starch, glucose (reducing sugar) and sucrose (non reducing sugar)
16. 15. What are the chemical properties of lipids? What functions do they have?
17. 16. Draw out a triglyceride and label the ester bond