Download Policy: Content on the Website is provided to you AS IS for your information and personal use and may not be sold / licensed / shared on other websites without getting consent from its author.While downloading, if for some reason you are not able to download a presentation, the publisher may have deleted the file from their server.
1. Health Information Security and Privacy Collaboration (HISPC) Ryan Sandefer
2. Background/Acronyms HHS
1 of 34 subcontractors
WYHIO = Steering Committee
3. Privacy and Security
4. Purpose -- Official Leverage input from state leadership and a broad range of stakeholders in health information exchange to assess the variations that exist at the organization level with respect to privacy and security practices and policies -- and the legal bases for such practices and policies, where applicable.
5. Purpose -- In Short Who exchanges?
How do they exchange?
Why do they exchange the way they do?
*All with a focus on the privacy and security of health information
6. Worked with wide range of stakeholders Identified best practices, challenges and barriers to interoperability
Developed solutions to problems
Developed implementation plan
Implemented a project (demonstration at lunch)
7. Themes Trust (human interaction)
Varying state law
9. Solutions and Implementation Plans HIE Demonstration Project
Privacy Notification Law
Federal Exceptions from Stark
HIE Resource Center
10. Six Month Extension to Implement One Project
11. Next Steps HISPC Provider Education Toolkit
WY, MI, FL, TN, KY, MS, MO, LA
Resource aimed at educating providers on the benefits of adopting EHRs and participating in HIEs
Focus on privacy and security
12. Questions? Ryan Sandefer