AMAZING ESTIMATERS. WHO IS BETTER AT ESTIMATING MALES OR FEMALE S?. Purpose. The purpose of this project is to determine if boys or girls are better at estimating. This is important because if you want a good estimate you will know whether to ask a boy or a girl. Hypothesis.
Download Policy: Content on the Website is provided to you AS IS for your information and personal use and may not be sold / licensed / shared on other websites without getting consent from its author.While downloading, if for some reason you are not able to download a presentation, the publisher may have deleted the file from their server.
The purpose of this project is to determine if boys or girls are better at estimating. This is important because if you want a good estimate you will know whether to ask a boy or a girl.
1. Count and record the number of M&M. Keep count hidden from test estimators.
2. Place M&M in a clear jar.
3. Have estimators estimate the number of M&M record estimate.
4. Repeat steps 1-3 with marbles.
5. Repeat steps 1-3 with brads.
6. Repeat steps 1-3 with pencils.
7. Repeat steps 1-3 with Reese Pieces.
8. Calculate the average estimates.
9. Calculate the average difference between actual and average estimates.
Our hypothesis was incorrect. Males are better at estimating. The females average difference was 107.08. The males average difference was 119.23. The thing we could change if we did this investigation again is the materials and the using same amount of females and males. We would also estimate height and distance instead of just objects.