Download Policy: Content on the Website is provided to you AS IS for your information and personal use and may not be sold / licensed / shared on other websites without getting consent from its author.While downloading, if for some reason you are not able to download a presentation, the publisher may have deleted the file from their server.
1. Pitch and Wavelength Remember that the velocity of sound is proportional to the frequency and wavelength.
v = f · ?
Since the velocity of sound is a constant, then the frequency must be inversely proportional to the wavelength.
2. Pitch and Wavelength
3. Pitch and Wavelength The longer the wavelength of sound, the lower the frequency must be.
4. Pitch and Wavelength The shorter the wavelength, the higher the frequency will be.
5. Pitch and Wavelength Every instrument that changes pitch does so by changing its wavelength.
6. Pitch and Wavelength Think of another example of a musical instrument that changes pitch and discuss with the class how it does so.