Parent Information Night September 4, 2014. Mary Catherine Baker Second Grade Serene Hills Elementary. Daily Schedule. Schedule 7:25- 7:50 Morning Procedures 7:50- 9:20 Language Arts *9:00 Snack 9:20- 9:40 Recess 9:40-10:30 Specials 10:30-11:10 Social Studies 11:10-11:20 Science
Mary Catherine Baker
Serene Hills Elementary
7:25- 7:50 Morning Procedures
7:50- 9:20 Language Arts
9:20- 9:40 Recess
10:30-11:10 Social Studies
11:25-11:55 Lunch12:00-12:35 Science
2:35-2:40 Pack Up
Teacher & Parent
All homework is due on Friday.
Make up work is due the same amount of days your child is absent and will be sent home with the child when the child returns from the absent days.
After reading aloud for 10 minutes, students should write some type of written response about the book.
Please initial each night to verify that your child has read for the allotted minutes.
DOL some type of written response about the book.
“Does it look right and make sense?”
- work advanced beyond the grade level/age
- extremely inquisitive, asks many questions, often challenging, provoking and/or demanding
- in-depth understanding of complex concepts
- persistence is evident in areas of interest
- high level of curiosity, energy, enthusiasm and vigor for new ideas
- advanced reasoning
- feels keenly about own ideas and solutions to problems, and often expresses them regardless of what others may think
- likes to examine new possibilities for problems/solutions, rather
than fitting within a structure
- especially original imagination
- sustained attention span
- initiates projects and often prefers to work alone
- keenly observant/sense of humor