OB Emergencies. ECRN CE Module IV 2010 Condell EMS System IDPH Site Code #107200E-1210 2 hours CE credit Objectives by Jeremy Lockwood, FF/PM Mundelein Fire Department Packet prepared by Sharon Hopkins, RN, BSN, EMT-P. Objectives.
ECRN CE Module IV 2010
Condell EMS System
IDPH Site Code #107200E-1210
2 hours CE credit
Objectives by Jeremy Lockwood, FF/PM Mundelein Fire Department
Packet prepared by Sharon Hopkins, RN, BSN, EMT-P
Upon successful completion of this module, the ECRN will be able to:
1. Identify appropriate standard precautions taken in the OB delivery setting.
2. Identify progression of a normal pregnancy.
3. Describe assessment of an obstetrical patient.
4. Identify predelivery complications.
5. Describe indications and signs of imminent delivery.
6. Identify the stages of labor.
7. List the contents of the OB kit
8. Describe how to use the contents of the OB kit.
9. Describe the steps in assisting delivery of the newborn.
10. Describe care of the newborn baby.
11. Describe APGAR scoring.
12. Describe when and how to cut the umbilical cord.
13. Describe the delivery of the placenta.
14. Describe post delivery care of the mother.
15. Describe abnormal deliveries and procedures.
16. Identify and describe delivery complications.
17. Describe meconium staining and its implication to the newborn.
Anticipate the exposure to a large amount of blood and body fluids
Full protection is recommended
Don’t assume the absence or presence of disease just by appearances of the patient or situation
Where are your kits kept in the ED?
screen at left
to play video