Forming a Regional Food System Council/Coalition. What is the difference between a council and coalition ? What organization structure is best for my community? What is working in other areas?. FEAST Leadership Network Webinar February 5, 2014. Agenda. Introductions
Download Policy: Content on the Website is provided to you AS IS for your information and personal use and may not be sold / licensed / shared on other websites without getting consent from its author.While downloading, if for some reason you are not able to download a presentation, the publisher may have deleted the file from their server.
What is the difference between a council and coalition?
What organization structure is best for my community?
What is working in other areas?
FEAST Leadership Network Webinar
February 5, 2014
Kristin Frost-Albrecht, Executive Director
Sharon Thornberry, Community Food Systems Manager
Sara Miller, Economic Development Specialist
Wendy Peters Moschetti & Ron Carleton
Musings of a
Community Food Systems Manager
Oregon Food Bank
Council, Coalition, Alliance, Network, Food Web or Not
1. an assembly of persons summoned or convened for consultation, deliberation, or advice.
2. a body of persons specially designated or selected to act in an advisory, administrative, or legislative capacity: the governor's council on housing.
1. a combination or alliance, especially a temporary one between person, factions, states, etc.
2. a union into one body or mass; fusion.
1. the act of allying or state of being allied.
2. a merging of efforts or interests by persons, families, states, or organizations.
3. the persons or entities so allied.
1. an association of individuals having a common interest, formed to providemutual assistance, helpful information, or the like.
2. a system of interrelated buildings, offices, stations, etc., especially over a large area or throughout a country, territory, region, etc.: a network of farms or gardens.
1. Noun Ecology.
2. a series of organisms related by predator-prey and consumer-resource interactions; the entirety of interrelated food chains in an ecological community.
Sara Miller, Northeast Oregon
Economic Development District