Thesis Statement. What is a thesis statement?. A thesis statement is usually one sentence that makes a claim/statement/assertion and then revolves around three points that support your statement . A thesis serves a few purposes.
Download Policy: Content on the Website is provided to you AS IS for your information and personal use and may not be sold / licensed / shared on other websites without getting consent from its author.While downloading, if for some reason you are not able to download a presentation, the publisher may have deleted the file from their server.
What is a thesis statement?
A thesis statement is usually one sentence that makes a claim/statement/assertion and then revolves around three points that support your statement.
A thesis serves a few purposes.
1. It informs the reader that what you're writing about is important
2. It gives the project structure
3. It informs the reader what your project is all about
4. It directly addresses the topic you're researching or the question you've been asked to answer
5. It is intended to persuade the reader to agree with your opinion
Almost any essay or research project requires a thesis statement.
How to tell if a thesis statement is strong
To know if you have a good thesis, ask yourself these questions:
You have picked and researched a topic that fits within the theme of Rights and Responsibilities