Chapter 2: Chemistry of Life Survival Island . Rules: . Each team must work together to answer the question. You may use your IAN to research the answer. When your team finds the correct answer, the two runners will GTCA dance-three legged to my podium to check off your answer with me.
14. Use the chart to explain the effect of enzymes.
15. Explain relationship between the key and lock and enzymes and substrates
Chapter 2.3 Fill in notes
16. Carbon can form____of different large and complex structures.
17. Molecules with one sugar monomer are ______.
18. Lipids can be used to________.
19 . There are two kinds of _________ _____: DNA (deoxyribonucleic acid) and RNA (ribonucleic acid).
20. Amino acids are assembled into polypeptide chains according to instructions coded in __________________.
Chapter 2.4 Fill in notes
21. A chemical reaction changes one __________________________________.
22. The energy needed to get a reaction started is called the ____________.
23. An enzyme is a ________________
24. Catalysts work by __________ a reaction’s activation energy.
25. _____________________bind to a part of an enzyme called the active site and remain bound to the enzyme until the reaction is complete, when the products are released.
26. According to the chart, which product is the highest base level?