Cardiovascular disease and its syndromes: Why exercise?. METABOLIC SYNDROME: What is it?. A condition in which several coronary heart disease risk factors are grouped together According to ACSM: Diagnosis is made when 3 or more of the risk determinants are present
Cardiovascular disease and its syndromes: Why exercise?
calories consumed is greater than calories used
Waist: Abdomen relaxed, horizontal measure at narrowest part of torso
Hip: Horizontal measure at maximal circumference of buttocks
rather than intensity of exercise
3. Primary mode should be large muscle group aerobic activities
4. However, combine with resistance exercise
1. Significant reductions in blood pressure
2. Increases in insulin sensitivity
3. Improvements in lipid concentrations
* Aerobic exercise has an impressive blood pressure reduction effect: 3.84mmHg for systolic BP
2.58mmHg for diastolic BP
RPE should not be used individually if you are not 100% sure that you can reliably match your perceived exercise intensity to objective measures such as HR.