Estimation. Compatible Numbers. Numbers that are close to the numbers in the problem, and they can help you do math mentally. Ex: 13 – 10 17 – 20. 1.Estimate 2,469 to the nearest THOUSAND 2. Estimate 483 to the nearest HUNDRED 3.Estimate 262,063 to the nearest HUNDRED-THOUSAND
Download Policy: Content on the Website is provided to you AS IS for your information and personal use and may not be sold / licensed / shared on other websites without getting consent from its author.While downloading, if for some reason you are not able to download a presentation, the publisher may have deleted the file from their server.
1.Estimate 2,469 to the nearest THOUSAND
2. Estimate 483 to the nearest HUNDRED
3.Estimate 262,063 to the nearest
4. Estimate 8,437 to the nearest THOUSAND
5. Estimate 2,982,539 to the nearest MILLION
6. Estimate 761,658 to the nearest
Directions: Determine whether the answer given for each problem is reasonable. State your reason why or why not.
2. Estimate: 58 x 5 = 250
3. Estimate: 451 x 7 = 2,800
4. Estimate: 65 ÷ 9 = 5
5.Kate earns $5 per hour babysitting. If she baby-sits for 4 hours on Saturday and 3 hours on Sunday, she says she’ll earn $12.
6. The 192 Minutemen will take buses from Lexington to Concord to perform. Each bus holds 48 Minutemen. Fran estimated that they needed 4 buses.
7. One of the world’s fastest trains averages 132 mi/h. About how far could it travel in 5 hours?
8.If a donut machine can make 504 donuts in one hour, about how many donuts can it make in 5 hours?
9. Twenty-six families each bring a dozen cookies to share at the June 10th picnic. What is the reasonable estimate of how many cookies that is in all?
10. Ella orders 1,944 rolls for the barbeque sandwiches for the picnic. The rolls come on trays with 36 rolls on a tray. About how many trays of rolls does Ella order?
11. A total of 30 packages were mailed at a post office on Saturday. The cost for each package was between $5.55 and $6.30. Which best represents the total cost for the packages mailed on Saturday?
F more than $300
G between $200- $300
H between $100 and $200
J less than $100