Download Policy: Content on the Website is provided to you AS IS for your information and personal use and may not be sold / licensed / shared on other websites without getting consent from its author.While downloading, if for some reason you are not able to download a presentation, the publisher may have deleted the file from their server.
Improving CASA and LSPCM on high level design for offshoring Students: Nivedita Angadi Guides: Tanya Kudchadker Prof. Mark van denBrand, Tu/e Martijn Klabbers, LaQuso, Tu/e Cornelly Spier , Capgemini Rob Boomsma, Capgemini Rob Ista, Capgemini
What is offshoring?
Why offshoring followed in the Industry?
- Cost Reduction
- Efficient use of skilled labors
- Focus is on core competence and innovation
What are the risks in offshoring?
- Geographical risks
- Project risks
- Infrastructure and Operational risks
Quality and Productivity consideration.
The production or delivery of more products or services with less effort and less cost in a shorter time period with the better quality.
Productivity = Output produced by the process
Input consumed by the process
Existing Approaches in Capgemini for Analysis, Design and Architecture
- CASA – Capgemini Acceleratorfor Software Architecture
LSPCM analysis as a quality gate for High Level Design
- LSPCM – LaQuso Software Product Certification Model
What is CASA?
- Capgemini Acceleratorfor SoftwareArchitecture
Aim of CASA
- “Building the Product right”.
Positioning of CASA 
What is LSPCM?
- Rulebased software product certification model.
What LSPCM contains?
- Product areas
- Properties of product areas
- Certification Criteria (CC) for all product areas
- SpecificCriterias (Rules)
- Certification levels
High Level Design
Why quality improvements for High Level Design?
Suggest improvements for High Level Design in the context of offshoring
- LSPCM Certification Model
- Case Studies
- Analyzinginfluence of high level design quality.
- Analyzing the split in activitiesbetweenonshore and offshore teams.
What aspects of the software artifact High Level Design determine the quality of offshored software development?
- How can quality of high level design influence project’s productivity?
- How can split in activities between onshore and offshore team influence on the project’s productivity?
 Rob Ista., “Productivity: Point of view”
LaQuso Software Certification Model (LSPCM 1.1)
Ian Gorton., “Essential Software Architecture”, Springer Publications (2006).
 Kruchten .P,. ArchitecturalBlueprints – The “4+1” View Model of Software Architecture,IEEE Publication (1995)