STRUCTURE AND GOALS OF THE REGIONAL FORUM. Priscilla Rivas-Loria PhD. Purpose of the Regional Forum. Examine models/experiences of SPH schemes. Exchange criteria about policies and interventions to extend SPH.
Priscilla Rivas-Loria PhD
4. Promote discussions that can generate policy options for the National Health Authority regarding how to ensure SPH for the maternal-child population in LAC.
5. Identify technical cooperation needs to strengthen countries’ health systems, protect the maternal-child population, and contribute to achievement of the MDGs.
1. Technical document – “Social Protection in Health Schemes for Mother and Child Populations: Lessons Learned from the Latin American Region.”
2. Generation of policy options.
3. Definition of specific strategies both for countries and for financial-technical cooperation agencies.
Social Protection in Health (SPH) for Women, Newborn and Child Populations in Latin America and the Caribbean.
SPH and the Millennium Development Goals.
SPH-related Challenges to Strengthening Health Systems.
SPH-related Challenges to Strengthening Health Systems and the Millennium Development Goals.
Strategies based on targeted interventions
Insurance schemes subsidized by public resources
Health systems strengthening strategies
Lessons learned in SPH
OPTIONAL VISIT to “VALLE DE ÁNGELES”