Planning for the Future Resources. Alberta Advanced Education and Technology. CANNEXUS 2009. Overview. Why Post- Secondary? Campus Alberta Awareness - What is it? Disability Products and Resources Learning Clicks Program Mentoring Program and Resources Final Thoughts.
Download Policy: Content on the Website is provided to you AS IS for your information and personal use and may not be sold / licensed / shared on other websites without getting consent from its author.While downloading, if for some reason you are not able to download a presentation, the publisher may have deleted the file from their server.
Planning for the Future Resources
Alberta Advanced Education and Technology
Advanced Education & Technology’s
Campus Alberta Awareness (CAA)
grades 3 to adult
Addressing the challenges Facing Students with Disabilities
Student Loan Program
Source: Statistics Canada and Canada Millennium Foundation reports
Develop materials and resources for both
parents and students:
by step transitioning process or model
Presentation for Students
Introduces 5 step process for transitioning
Available in English, French & Braille
1. What’s my transition plan?
2. Why go on to post-secondary?
3. Where to go? (what kind of schools/programs
are out there?)
4. How much will it cost?
5. How will I pay for it?
(3 case studies)
script, examples of how to do transition planning, and
other case studies
workshop (transition guide can be used)
budgeting sheet, marketing video, and over
view of how to obtain funding.
distribution of these products within our
province and sharing the template across
benefits of post-secondary education & training
2. Informs on all aspects of planning for post-secondary studies
3. Shows relationship to career planning using
K-12 career clusters
4. Profile and back pack
5. Up-to-date information
6. Integrates with ALIS (Alberta Learning Information Service)
That’s 16,524 students!
4 Steps of Career Exploration
4 modules in lesson plan format
Starting Year Four in 2009/10
5 Key Messages for Mentees
1. The longer YOU stay in school, the more CHOICES you will have in life.
2.Everyone benefits why YOU stay in school and LEARN as much as possible.
3. Ask your teachers, parents or other adults to help YOU get ready for post-secondary school.
4. There are lots of people who want to help YOU go to post-secondary school.
5.EVERYONE can go to post-secondary school and there are many ways to help pay for it.
2 Resources developed
1. Mentoring Handbook
2. Mentoring Activity Book