NetLens: Iterative Exploration of Content-Actor Network Data. Hyunmo Kang, Catherine Plaisant, Ben Bederson. Challenges of Network Data Visualization. by Frank van Ham. TouchGraph. Challenges of Network Data Visualization. Complex Analytic Tasks Incremental data exploration
Download Policy: Content on the Website is provided to you AS IS for your information and personal use and may not be sold / licensed / shared on other websites without getting consent from its author.While downloading, if for some reason you are not able to download a presentation, the publisher may have deleted the file from their server.
Hyunmo Kang, Catherine Plaisant, Ben Bederson
by Frank van Ham
(People or Category)
- how many papers were self-referenced?
- how frequently was each paper referenced by other papers?
- what are the major paper topics published by UMD HCIL? and who in this group has the most papers in that topic?
- how do UMD HCIL’s research interests change over time? and who in this group made that change?
- who wrote the most papers in the InfoVis topic? and how many papers cited his papers?
- whose paper in the InfoVis area is most frequently referenced by other papers?
- which topic has growing publications? and who contributed most to this topic last 3 years?
- what are the other topics the authors in InfoVis area also get interested in?
- which country (or research group)’s authors most frequently reference my papers?
(Joint Institute for Knowledge Discovery) - http://jikd.umiacs.umd.edu
Emails on the leftPeople on the right
Overviews provided for all attributes (here for emotional tone on emails side)
Filtered to show only emails related to CAenergy crisis; and the people who sentthem are shown on the right side.
(Joint Institute for Knowledge Discovery)
JIKD data schema
Hyunmo Kang and Ben Bederson
Zooming into a group of photos
Zooming into a single photo
Show only the representative photos for each group
Scrollable Thumbnails Panel
Photo Information with EXIF
Detail Photo Panel
Label objects in the photo (e.g. animals, locations, etc.)
Label who is in the photo
Add a caption and mark photo as favorite or hidden
FROM (Photos INNER JOIN (Categories INNER JOIN PhotosCategories ON Categories.categoryname = PhotosCategories.categoryname) ON Photos.url = PhotosCategories.url) INNER JOIN (People INNER JOIN PhotosPeople ON People.personname = PhotosPeople.personname) ON Photos.url = PhotosPeople.url
WHERE (((PhotosPeople.personname) Like "*kang*") OR ((Photos.url) Like "*kang*") OR ((Photos.created) Like "*kang*") OR ((Photos.uploaded) Like "*kang*") OR ((Photos.description) Like "*kang*")) OR (((PhotosCategories.categoryname) Like "*kang*"));
INSERT INTO Photos (url, created, uploaded, description, photomark, thumbnail, width, height) Values(“url”, “2006-04-20", “2006-04-20", “hyunmo’s trip to Seoul”, 1280, 1024);
INSERT INTO PhotosPeople (url, personname, x, y, time) Values(“url”, “hyunmo kang“, “0.1234”, “0.789” “2006-04-20");
INSERT INTO People (personname, lastname, firstname) Values(“hyunmo kang”, “kang”, “hyunmo”);